He ate it.
{Hard}
I was 50 feet away (or however long the rope was) and over the sound of the boat and people talking, I heard him SMACK. And I looked up and his board was not attached to his feet. His bindings do not come off easily so that was a warning to me that he was in bad shape. Clay said, "if he doesn't have a bloody nose it'll be a miracle." He didn't have a bloody nose but he climbed in the boat and said, "I think I have a concussion."
He didn't have symptoms really, his face was a little swollen from whacking the water, and he said he felt funny but no headache.
Sunday he woke up still not feeling right. We checked his pupils and they both were dilating fine. He stayed home and napped- that's his highest side effect. He is tired. And super hungry! Sunday night he said that he thought his leg was gallon asleep but as he moved around it didn't go away. It spread to the whole right side of his body. He went out to move the sprinklers and realized he didn't feel the wind on the right side of his face. I looked at his pupils again and they were not the same size. So I called my dad and he said we better go in. Aizy was asleep so Maryann came over and listened for her. We left here at 10, got a blessing from mark and Jared. And went to the ER.
The ER doc thought maybe he had a dissected his carotid artery in his neck and it was throwing little clots to his brain, causing the symptoms. But after an hour of wait and an hour for it to be read, the cat scan didn't show anything. The doctor said obviously something is wrong so let's do an MRI to see if you bruised your spinal column. And after another hour and then 1 1/2 hour MRI, still nothing.
So we were there from 10:30-5 basically and got no answers.
But, lessons from last night:
Always check that your wallet is in your purse. Aizy had apparently played with mine so we didn't have our insurance card. Or money for food! Luckily a nurse brought me some food at like 2:30!
Keeping a copy of your insurance card is not a bad idea!!
Perhaps stashing cash in your car isn't a bad idea either. I mean like $5 but its better than what I had last night!
Today Paul's tingling is still there and he still can't see so clearly out of his left eye (the one that doesn't dilate and that got water behind it).


Oh man, that's crazy. Way to squeeze in that 4th ER visit right before the anniversary :)
ReplyDelete