Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend projects






For mutual last week we went around to places, taking pictures for time capsules we're making. The girls took pictures with their "dream cars" and favorite candy bars. We also hit up some scenic spots in Twin. It really has some pretty natural features, that make living here not so bad :) This is me trying to be a photographer with my tiny Nikon Coolpix.



While Paul slaves away in the yard getting ready for a sprinkler system, I had some projects of my own. We still had the original silver toilet paper holders and towel rods in our bathrooms. Needless to say, like anything original with the house, they were pretty nasty. So I bought some new ones at Home Depot and put them in over the weekend. The one that didn't go so well was a new rod where there hadn't been one, in Paul's bathroom. I swear I measured. But it's crooked. Oops.. Not sure how to fix it! But I became rather frustrated with anchors coming out of the wall before I could get the screw in. So now the screw is stuck with the bracket in between. I had to walk away a few times.
Other than that, Paul picked up a piece of furniture when he helped a family move a while ago. It's what I wanted in the laundry room... kind of. This one was older and smellier than I'd imagined. So I repainted and re-hooked it. I also ordered vinyl lettering that says "THE MUD stops here."





It has some charm.. from the 70s.


Ah! Those are pretty scary hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment