Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Really?

My students say crazy things. Everyday there's something where I want to look at them and ask, "Really?!" Like today, I'm grading a math test and the question is: What unit would you use to measure a football field? We had literally JUST talked about it before the test. The little girl's answer: length. REALLY?! haha sometimes I just don't know what to do with them.
5th grade is the lovely grade where we learn about the human body and reproduction. I almost don't plan lessons in science because they have so many questions, pertaining to this particular subject. Today we were discussing birth and the umbilical cord, placenta, etc. They kept asking me questions about dogs! I don't know why the dog eats the placenta. I don't know how many umbilical cords a dog has for a litter of 12 puppies. I don't know why your dog is white if its parents are black. REALLY?!
We were using the dictionary, looking up vocab. words and we were in the V's when one little boy says, "Whats Vagg-uh-sil?" (hard g, not j). I honestly didn't know. Then I realized what he meant. REALLY?!
Our word of the week is Pacifist. They have to use it in a sentence. One little boy said, "Hitler was a pacifist." REALLY?! Haha where did he get that one?!
Oh dear... :-) I think this will turn into a log book of my crazies. Well not my crazies, but my crazy's crazies.
Anyway, we're trying to sell our car so if you know anyone who's interested let me know! Paul told me he went to Costco yesterday and bought food storage. So I asked what he bought and he said apples, and grapes, and apricots, etc. I looked at him like he's crazy because the 2 of us can't eat Costco sized packages of fruit! He had a smirk on his face so I knew he was "kidding." Really he bought more trees. We're the proud owners of 10 fruit trees that will one day, in 3 years, produce edible fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment