Sunday, November 17, 2013

Potty training

After our trip to Zion, I was ready to potty train Aizy. I really wasn't sure how ready she was; she showed some of the signs but not all. I started the Tuesday after we got back. I had read a few blogs and kind of put tips together to come up with what I thought would work best for her. 
One blog said to use a baby doll to show her where to go when it's time. So I put panties on her baby doll and left panties off of Aizy. I used a medicine syringe thing to make it sound and look like the baby went potty in the little baby potty I had for Aizy. Then the baby had an accident and we said "oh no baby! Go on the potty, not the floor!" This happened a few times. Aizy had a few accidents that morning but did pretty well. This whole time we are on the tile so it's easy to clean. We didn't watch tv at all that day so we did lots of fun things to stay busy. 
During her nap I put a diaper on her to be safe {all the blogs say not to. I was by about to have her wet the bed.} after her nap I put panties on her. We had more accidents in the underwear than without them. For the next few days she was underwear free at home most of the time and had no accidents! 
She has had a few accidents this week. 2 at home and 1 at the church during my meeting. That time she said "hurry mommy!" But by the time we got to the toilet it was too late. 
She has a hard time going #2 in the toilet. She did great the first few days. Then she started waiting until almost bedtime and after lots and lots of tooting haha. Then she would tell me {yell} and we wouldn't quite make it. It's disgusting. She yells still but It's almost always too late. At least she's figured out it's not ok to just do in panties. Hopefully she figured it out quickly! I am glad she will be potty trained before our cruise though or she couldn't swim on the ship! 

No comments:

Post a Comment