Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sweet puppy Jack

Last week, the 14th I heard Jack bark (He sleeps in the stairwell) so I put him out about 7.  We got up, ate, etc. and Paul was getting ready to mow the yard.  He came back in after a minute and said, "I have bad news."  I was thinking he was going to say something was broken with the lawn mower but instead he said, "Jack is dead.  He's on the front porch."  We figure he was hit by a car (probably was chasing it) and wandered back home.  I had put our entry rug outside to clean the entry floor and forgotten to bring it back in, so he died on his favorite rug.  He loved that rug; he would only eat a treat if he was on it!
He was a little over 2 1/2 and we'd had him since he was 8 weeks old.  He was a sweet puppy who loved people and loved Aizy.  I still am sad when I go outside to get boxes, check the mail, or take out the trash because he isn't there to greet me.  We are moving in a week so that will help the sadness of him pass because this is the only home he's known. We took him lots of places with us; Grandma and Grandpa's, the Stanger's, my parents house, camping twice, and last summer we took him boating! He didn't like swimming unless he could touch so he didn't enjoy being thrown into the river.  


 





With kitty Shadow (who mysteriously disappeared about mid-June.  I assume they're playing together in heaven)



Jack on his favorite rug :)

2 comments:

  1. So sad...sorry Jess. :( Just remember, all dogs go to Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess... I am so sorry to hear about puppy Jack. He was such a good dog. You guys are in my thoughts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete