After the 4th, we went camping for the first time with Aizy. We left the 5th after work and went with Bri, Clay, and Augie, Brianne and Clint, and Chris. Bri and I got to sleep in a trailer (generously donated by Xtreme) with the babies. I was worried Aizy would not sleep well on our trip but she did so well! She napped on the boat both days and always sleeps well if she's in bed with me.
We took the boat and enjoyed the beautiful water. I'd never been there and it's huge! We camped at the north side, next to Clint's sister and her family. We were right on the "beach," but it was too rocky to be any fun. The weather was great until about 5 each night the wind blew hard and strong just long enough for us to get the boat out. Then it cleared up again! I enjoy camping but it can be a hassle. This trip wasn't. We all had the tin foil dinners prepared a head of time for dinner one night. Each family was in charge of breakfast one day and lunches were sandwiches or hot dogs. Thankfully, the boat has a neat feature: a shower! Since we were in mountain run off water, we used to shower to wash our hair each day. It pulls water out and runs it past the engine, which heats it up, and then we have a hot shower that's as clean as the water you're boating in. (I would NOT use the shower at Shoshone Falls or Murtaugh lake!)
Sepsis....again. Hospital stay #22
8 years ago
I love boating AND camping! Looks like a blast. Aizy is adorable as always!
ReplyDelete