Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's July already?! Quick updates


This is my garden. I have lettuce, beans, corn, and watermelon growing! However, I have that many plants planted that aren't growing... :(
I can't believe it's JULY! Time sure flies when you're having fun.. or something. I don't know what I've done with my month off. I've read quite a few books and rented quite a few movies. I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth pulled the Monday after school got out but he said they're right on a nerve; since they aren't bothering me yet he said it's not worth risking nerve damage to pull them. Perhaps I'll need them pulled and get nerve damage then, but no need to risk it yet.
The day after that was a sad day for me. One of the kittens, Opie, (2nd generation) got hit by a car in front of our house. That was sad enough but she left 6 kitties behind (3rd generation) who weren't even 2 weeks old yet! I brought their box in and tried to feed them the kitten milk I ran out and bought. But it didn't work so well. I was sad and overwhelmed so I called the Humane Society, they said bring them in with the milk. And I did. Then Liz called and said she'd take care of them. It had been about 2 hours since I took them to the shelter... I called back to get the kitties.. and they'd put them all to sleep! I felt like a murderer.. if I hadn't been so lazy or if I had asked Liz first, they could have been alive.

This is Opie nursing the kitties.. hard to tell but there are 6 babies in there with her.


I was better the next day when I found our other cat, Ham, (2nd generation) apparently had kittens in our neighbors hay stacks and brought them to our deck, there were 4 and there were older than Opie's.
It was like the week of the Cat.
Shadow (1st generation) jumped in the shed once while I was in there and hissed at the kittens. Apparently she's not a fan of her grandkids.

So that's how my first week off was. The second week I'm not sure what I did but I did hike 8 miles in about 4 hours. The young men are doing a 50 miler but in 20 hours (crazy!) They invited the Young Women to go to a practice hike. So one laurel, the president, and I went. We only did 8 miles before our hips were killing us. It wasn't even a hike since we walked on a paved road, but my hips killed me for the next few days. I took Jack with me and he did very well. He was thirsty the whole time so he stopped at every puddle to drink. He found a ditch and climbed in, thinking it was safe since he could touch. But he doesn't know what a current is. It was pretty funny watching him slowly get swept away, he got out alright but I think he was a little confused about what had happened.

The Elder's Quorum had a "golf" party down by Paul's grandparents. I took Jack to that too. This is a picture of how tired he was; he has a burger on his face and is still sleeping.

Let's see... what else.
My mom made two trips in June- one with Brittney and one with Summer. Really they just wanted to see the kittens.

Last week we bought 6 maple trees and planted them so we can say we have some trees on our property. Paul dug a "creek" from the northeast corner of our property, under the driveway and circle drive, around the corner by our bedroom, past the garden, all the way to the southern irrgation ditch. His plan is for it to look like this, kind of. Our goes through our grass so we won't the curbing like this one. We have PLENTY of rocks to line the stream with though, compliments of the rock quarry we live on. Also, he'll have the grass go right up to the edge of the stream. It needs some work because it looks like this at the moment:




We bought some bushes on Tuesday so it looks a little less like a dirt field. Only a little though. Do you see them in the picture?
Tuesday night at midnight was the premier of Eclipse. I was told the line would start at 7 by the lady who works at the movie theater. So Retha and her sister-in-law and I went to dinner at 6 then to the theater. There was only 1 other group there. We were very tempted to leave and come back but what time should we come back? Amanda said last time she got there a little after 9 and the line was already huge. This time the line didn't really start forming until 9... Next time I'm waiting until 9. But it was fun, we played card games most of the time. Amanda and Liz joined us later and since we were so close to the front we got good seats all next to each other. The movie was amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Looks like your summer has been fabulous! I am so sorry about the kittens :( that would be so sad to deal with.

    ReplyDelete