Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cruise!

Oh I just love the ocean.  Every time I'm in the sunshine or near water I tell Paul I really shouldn't live in Idaho, it's like I don't belong here! I belong at the beach :)
Saturday we got on the ship and checked it out.  We didn't go to the "Welcome Aboard" show that night; we were too tired from not sleeping well the 2 nights prior to the cruise.  I was very excited about uninterrupted sleep on this trip.  And then I tried to sleep. We were on deck 2, which is very low in the ship.  During the day it's not a problem but at night, with my head on the pillow, I could hear the waves crashing! And employees doing who knows what under me.  Every now and then the room would shake; I'm fairly sure that was caused by a large wave.  Little did I know, it would only get worse when we had to port.  Sunday was a day at sea that we spent basking in the beautiful 80+ degree weather! We learned that the only place to get water (unless you buy a $2 water bottle) it up on the top decks 10 & 11, but that's also where all the other people are so there are no chairs.  We found a great spot on deck 5 next to whirlpools that weren't warm (ideal for a day in the sun without having to fight the crowds and kids in the pool) but there wasn't any water available.  Even the bars said you had to buy a water bottle.  Dumb huh? Well we learned for next time! We ended the nights playing some mini-golf.  After one time playing I was satisfied but Paul and Clay liked to play daily.








No comments:

Post a Comment