I never did post how I told my parents and sisters that Paul and I were expecting. It was my parents anniversary and they were driving through Twin on their way back from Salt Lake. They stopped and I gave them a card with a copy of the ultrasound in it (the 8 week one) and said that they might not be able to see the family resemblance yet, but in September they might! Then I had them open the gifts, and take the ones home for Brittney and Summer.
Summer's says "World's Coolest Aunt, "Dad's says "Grandpa in Training," Mom's says "Grandma...coming soon," and Brittney's says "Aunt- the only job I need!"
I haven't been good at taking the weekly pictures like I wanted. I've been wearing loose shirts to cover up what looks like a large Thanksgiving meal, so it was hard to find a day where the shirt actually showed what was going on. When I went in at 12 weeks the doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if I went another 6 weeks without needing maternity pants and so far he's right (I'm 17 weeks, so I plan to pass his 6 week expectation.) I may just be carrying too high to really need new pants yet.
This is me at 14 weeks...
This is me at 17 weeks... (it's not a great picture- can you tell I haven't been tanning?!)
Today 2 of my students came up and gave me a gift bag. It's not teacher appreciation day so I assumed it was for the baby and I was right. I peaked in the bag before school started and saw fabric, I thought maybe some cute sheets. But when I opened it during recess (while they were there) it was a quilt! They had made it together. It's so darling and so sweet of them. Those 2 are great girls! :-)
Paul and I are really excited to start this new part in our life. I'm excited to not have to get up with an alarm anymore (I realize a baby is an alarm of it's own kind, but it's different!) I told Paul yesterday that I had been feeling the baby, on the inside, and he said, "WHAT!? Why didn't you tell me sooner!" But I really hadn't been sure that's what it was... I'm still not positive because everyone describes it as a flutter and that's not how I would describe it. I'm pretty sure I've been feeling the baby move for about a week now.
My next appointment and ultrasound is May 5, and then we'll get to see if it's a girl or a boy! Naturally, I'm hoping it's a girl and Paul hopes it's a boy. But it'll be loved just the same, no matter what!
i love the pictures! keep em coming ;) i am so excited for you guys!!
ReplyDeletelove the picture! glad you are finally embracing the adorable baby bump:) and you look adorable. can't wait for may 5th!!!!!
ReplyDeleteby the way this is amanda apparently signed in as chris
ReplyDelete